Don’t Call 911 to Report Firework Violations

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - If you want to report fireworks being fired off in the City of Midland, don't call 911.

While it's illegal to set them off in the city limits, police say it's not an emergency.

It's been a big problem in the past tying up the phone lines for real emergencies.

To report illegal fireworks, call 685-7110.

If you're caught shooting fireworks in the city, you could face up to a $2,000 fine.