BEST OF THE BASIN RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT: APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Best of the Basin (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of NewsWest 9/KWES-TV (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., and each of its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The voting will begin at 12:01 a.m. on November 21, 2022-December 30, 2022.
Online Entry. Go to newswest9.com/bestofthebasin to enter.
One entry per person.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. Ad-blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from the Sponsor or those directed by the Sponsor. You can opt out of receiving such e-mails by following the directions in any email from Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor, and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection: After the contest has ended, winners will be selected and completed on or before January 6, 2023. Winners will receive a Best of the Basin certificate and a special Best of the Basin package available only to the winner.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winning businesses will be notified via phone or email from January 16, 2023, to February 10, 2023.
6. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor's decisions. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated before the stated expiration date, the Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with a such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with a such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc., and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the promotion, including but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of participant’s participation in the promotion, the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the promotion or any prize. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
7. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is deemed invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.