SAN ANTONIO — Partly to mostly cloudy and hot today, high 96° with a 60% chance for scattered t-storms.
There could be some gusty winds and some heavy downpours Thursday.
High temps will be in the mid 90’s today thru the weekend.
Rain totals over the next several days will range from 0.25” to 2.00”.
There is a 30-40% chance of rain Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
It is possible that San Antonio will reach the record of 59 100° days in a year in the next couple weeks.
Tropical activity should increase significantly late August and September.
- Thursday: Partly cloudy, 60% chance of t-storms. High 96°
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy, 40% chance of rain. Low 77°
- Friday: Partly cloudy, 30% chance of rain. High 95°
Here are some tips for the summer provided by the National Weather Service:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take frequent breaks from the sun if you plan to be outside, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
- Limit strenuous activity to the early morning or evening hours.
- Don't leave young children or pets alone in cars.
It's also important to know the differences between signals of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Click here for more. If you or someone you're with loses consciousness while out in the heat, call 911 right away.
Looking for a fun way to cool off?
Check out this San Antonio paleta business that is working to keep the community cool with their sweet treats
Follow the KENS 5 Weather Team: