ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The holiday season is upon us, which means gift giving aplenty. But with the gifts come a surge of packages deliveries as well as package thefts.
To help cut down on a loss of packages this winter, the Odessa police have issued some tips to ensure the safety of all your Amazon packages.
- When expecting a package, you should track it and retrieve it as soon as it arrives.
- For times when you know you will not be available during an expected delivery time, have the package sent to a trusted friend or relative or even your workplace.
- If you know you won’t be home, you can also ask the delivery company to hold your package at the delivery center.
- Requesting that your package require a signature upon delivery will help ensure your package stays safe.
- Installing a security camera at your house is also a helpful year-round.
- You should always report any suspicious persons, vehicles or activities to the Odessa police or your local law enforcement.