After only being open for about a month, Tall City Brewing Company in Midland is topping charts and making history.
The brewery scored the top ten news breweries in Texas.
The score comes after "Hopalytics," an Austin based craft beer analytics company, released their Texas craft beer report.
From light to dark, here are the seven beers that made Midland craft beer history.
- Marshall Mild - English Mild Ale
- Five Hour Drive - Blonde Ale
- Haboob - Hefeweizen
- 2 Degrees of Separation - Red Ale, American Amber
- Bird Lady - Pale Ale, American
- Hop Up Camper - IPA, American
- Iron Orchard Stout - Stout, American
- Taproom experience
- Reputation for producing the best beer
- Excited for the next 12 months
- Contribution to the Texas craft beer industry
"I thought it was a spam email at first. I was like, 'this isn't real'. We were open when I got the email, for about a month and once I talked to them and realized it was a real, legitimate email.. it was very surreal. It was just all the confirmation of all the planning and all the work we put into it," said Jeff Thomas, President and Owner of Tall City Brewery.
"Being from here I see a lot of my friends and family come in and they rave about the beer, but seeing regulars come in that I don't know, that come and come back. That's been really neat," said Thomas.
"And then seeing people come from out of town and they come here and they rave about the beer they compare it to other beers where they're from and they say it's either comparable or better that's really cool too."