CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — At roughly 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning a train collided with a truck attempting to cross the tracks. The crossing, on TX-234 between Edroy and Odem, lacks crossing arms, according to authorities.
The two adults inside the vehicle have been transported to an area hospital; their condition is unknown at this time.
A 1-year-old child in the vehicle, sadly, did not survive.
Authorities say that, at this time, it is not known if the driver of the vehicle saw the oncoming train, or if the warning lights at the crossing were functioning at the time of the crash.
This is a developing story, and we will continue to update it as we learn more.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Good Samaritans rescued a man that was thrown from his boat. The unmanned boat then kept going.
- The Cheesecake Factory set to arrive at La Palmera Mall by the coming winter
- West Oso school board retains principal's position following brawl on campus
- World record lightning went from Mississippi to Corpus Christi
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.