CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A local restaurant that has won over customers again and again with their Poblano Soup announced this week they are permanently closing their doors.
Nuevo Café posted to their social media pages that their last day open was Feb. 28. Their made-from-scratch food became a staple in Corpus Christi. Local artists were able to show their work there.
"Thank you to all of our amazing customers who supported us over the years. Thank you to all of our staff who made Nuevo Café a warm, friendly place to come enjoy the most delicious food," the post said. "Thank you to all of our artists who shared their work with us over the years and inspired so much creativity."
On Thursday, Nuevo Café posted that their building, branding and even their famous Poblano Soup recipe are up for sale, along with other recipes from the restaurant.
"The Poblano Soup Recipe is under lock and key & protected by NDA’s (sic) until it’s sold. Other establishments may sell poblano soup - but it’s not our recipe," the Instagram post said, followed by a "wink" emoji.
No reason was given for the closure of the café.
Rumors swirled on social media that the soup would be sold at another local establishment, but Nuevo Cafe said that is not true, and no one has purchased the recipe.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Athletics program offers ways for homeschooled children to be involved in sports
- Vaping may be worse for your nose, throat than smoking cigarettes, new study shows
- Texas oil, gas industry sees 'unintentional' boost following Russian invasion of Ukraine
- 'Gender-affirming care is lifesaving': Texas mother, transgender son speak against Abbott, Paxton's gender-affirming directive
- Mother raises concerns following medical examiners office investigation, still waiting on son's final autopsy report
- Hero dog honored for alerting sleeping family about Rockport house fire
- 'Are you okay?' Mother thanks Corpus Christi Starbucks employees for looking out for daughter
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.