CLEVELAND — Amazon continues to see increased demands, which is why the company is now hiring to fill an additional 75,000 jobs.
NOTE: Interested in working for Amazon? You can apply at the bottom of this story.
Back in mid-March, Amazon announced it would invest more than $350 million globally to increase pay for its team during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This plan included hiring an additional 100,000 people in full and part-time jobs across their network to keep as many people as possible working during this crisis.
On April 13, Amazon announced that its original 100,000 jobs pledge is filled and those new employees are working at sites across the U.S. helping to serve customers.
If you have been economically impacted by COVID-19 and are looking for a steady income stream, Amazon encourages you to apply.
Amazon welcomes anyone out of work to join their team until things return to normal and their past employer is able to bring them back. Amazon also continues to invest in pay increases and previously expected to spend $350 million to increase wages during this unprecedented time, which they now expect that to be more than $500 million.
Interested candidates can apply at www.amazon.com/jobsnow.
- RELATED: Job openings in Northeast Ohio during the coronavirus outbreak
- RELATED: Amazon wants to create its own lab to test employees for coronavirus
- RELATED: Coronavirus & Ohio: The latest number of confirmed cases
- RELATED: Here's how coronavirus cases have grown in Ohio each day: Timeline
- RELATED: Sign up: 3News coronavirus e-mail newsletter