TEXAS, USA — Heavy rain moved through Central Texas Wednesday night into Thursday morning, prompting flash flood warnings and even a couple of tornado alerts in the area.
Some schools in Central Texas announced delays due to flooded roadways. One school district has announced a full closure for the day. Below is a list that will be updated through the day with updates from schools.
If you do need to drive in Central Texas Thursday morning, practice caution. Remember that just six inches of water on the road can cause your car to stall or cause you to lose control. Before driving, check road conditions on ATXFloods.com.
Schools in Central Texas that are delayed due to rain Thursday
- Comal ISD: All schools and departments are closed Thursday, Oct. 14.
- Del Valle ISD: Some bus routes are experiencing delays due to the rain. Parents with students on these routes will receive individual text messages notifying them of the delay.
- Hays CISD: Two-hour delayed start. All campuses will begin two hours from their normal start times. All buses will arrive two hours from their normal arrival times and all morning activities are canceled.
- La Grange ISD: Two-hour delayed start. All schedules will be on a two-hour delay including buses.
- Lockhart ISD: Two-hour delayed start. All staff will report to work two hours later than their usual start time. Buses will pick up two hours later than usual. Classes start two hours later than usual start time.
- Luling ISD: Two-hour delayed start. Buses will run two hours later than their normal scheduled pick-up time.
- Seguin ISD: Two-hour delayed start for students and staff. Buses will adjust accordingly.
- Wimberley ISD: Schools are starting at 10 a.m., and buses will start picking up at 8 a.m. The district said six low water crossings are not passable and some bus drivers can't get to the transporation center.
Check back on this article for updates.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: