MONROE COUNTY, Indiana — A Henry County police officer is facing some serious charges after an arrest Monday morning.
Around 2 a.m., Monroe County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called about a Dodge Charger on I-69 speeding and swerving.
Deputies were able to track the car down and stop it near the Kinser Pike overpass.
The driver, 38-year-old Brian J. Hedger of Plainfield, told deputies he is an officer with the Cadiz Police Department.
Deputies began checking for intoxication and got a warrant for a blood draw. They are waiting on the results of that.
Hedger was arrested on the following charges:
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a previous conviction, as a level 6 felony
- Resisting law enforcement, as a class A misdemeanor
Police did not specify how Hedger allegedly resisted law enforcement.
What other people are reading:
- Teen arrested for his role in east side shooting of 15-year-old girl
- Taliban sweep into Afghan capital after government collapses
- Death toll of powerful earthquake in Haiti soars to 1,297
- USDA to permanently boost food stamp benefits by 25 percent
- Carmel father raffling off collection of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon in hopes proceeds help find cure for son