GRANT COUNTY, Ind. — Two people from Marion, Indiana, have been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting two teenagers.
The Marion Police Department contacted the Grant County Sheriff's Department Sunday, May 16 around 3 a.m. in regards to the incident.
The 14- and 15-year-old victims gave officials information about the suspects, who were later identified as Randy D. Nelson, 40, and Debra L. Gillespie, 37.
Nelson and Gillespie were found and arrested at a hotel in Delaware County, which is roughly 30 miles southeast of Grant County.
The suspects were taken to the Grant County Jail for an initial charge of rape as a Level 3 felony. Their cash bond was set at $100,005.
The Marion Police Department, Indiana State Police, Kokomo Police Department, Muncie Police Department, Marion General Hospital’s SANE nurse, and Grant County Department of Child Services assisted in the investigation.
What other people are reading:
- Marion County mask mandate to be lifted June 7 for fully vaccinated people
- After doctors gave her less than 1% chance at survival, Indianapolis woman continues to defy odds 5 years later
- These stores are no longer requiring masks for fully vaccinated customers
- Demi Lovato announces they are non-binary and are changing their pronouns
- 'My son loved cake' | Mother remembers her son by paying for stranger's birthday cake at Plainfield Kroger