CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — We'd like to wish a happy birthday to Gladys Barnes of Robstown! She turned 100-years young over the weekend.
Gladys is a regular at her community dance club, and she says that staying active and having a positive mindset is the secret to a long and happy life.
"Just don't give up," Gladys told us, "don't say 'I'm 80, I can't do that.' You can do more than you think you can."
Not just that, but she says that a healthy diet and not smoking were big parts of her longevity!
So a big happy-birthday to our new Coastal Bend centenarian!
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Fisherman expresses concerns regarding design options for new Bob Hall Pier
- 'Russian tanks are bombing our city': Ukrainian woman from Kharkiv speaks with 3News on what she and family are experiencing
- Corpus Christi favorite Nuevo Café closes, offers to sell famous Poblano Soup recipe
- Athletics program offers ways for homeschooled children to be involved in sports
- Vaping may be worse for your nose, throat than smoking cigarettes, new study shows
- Texas oil, gas industry sees 'unintentional' boost following Russian invasion of Ukraine
- 'Gender-affirming care is lifesaving': Texas mother, transgender son speak against Abbott, Paxton's gender-affirming directive
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.