CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Port Aransas has been named one of the top 25 beaches in the United States according to Trip Advisor's 2022 "Travelers' Choice - Best of the Best." This Coastal Bend town secured the number 20 spot!
Among destinations such as Hawaii, California and Florida, Port Aransas was the only beach selected in Texas. It's known for signature events like the Texas SandFest: the largest sand sculpture competition in the country.
Port Aransas also hosts the annual Whooping Crane Festival, celebrating the world's last naturally occurring population of whooping cranes.
Travelers visiting the beach can enjoy their time camping out on the sand, dining at one of many local restaurants, or fishing off the nearby jetty. It's just one of the many places that make the Coastal Bend special.
To see the full list of beaches that made the list, you can visit Tripadvisor.com.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Fisherman expresses concerns regarding design options for new Bob Hall Pier
- 'Russian tanks are bombing our city': Ukrainian woman from Kharkiv speaks with 3News on what she and family are experiencing
- Corpus Christi favorite Nuevo Café closes, offers to sell famous Poblano Soup recipe
- Athletics program offers ways for homeschooled children to be involved in sports
- Vaping may be worse for your nose, throat than smoking cigarettes, new study shows
- Texas oil, gas industry sees 'unintentional' boost following Russian invasion of Ukraine
- 'Gender-affirming care is lifesaving': Texas mother, transgender son speak against Abbott, Paxton's gender-affirming directive
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.