MIDLAND - A bar-be-que pit is getting the blame for a fire that spread to a Midland home Thursday afternoon.
The fire broke out around 4:00 in the 2300 block of Storey. Investigators say embers from a bar-be-que pit ignited the fire.
The hot coals hit the dry grass in the backyard and that caught the back of the home on fire. It also burned down the homeowner's fence and part of his neighbor's.
Fire crews tell us that flammable materials in the backyard fueled the flames.
The Midland Health Center has reached daily service capacity and will not be accepting any additional patients on Tuesday, August 14.
TxDOT is warning drivers that a section of the northbound passing lane is temporarily closed due to damage on the road.
To help support Rays of Hope just drop by the Chipotle in Midland between 4 and 8 p.m. Tuesday night and show the cashier a digital or paper flier or mention that you’re there for Rays of Hope.
Starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday he will be speaking to the Rankin County Hospital District community and later will volunteer at the Rankin food pantry.
If you have ever wanted to step onto the stage, the Permian Playhouse is holding auditions for their fall show.