MIDLAND COUNTY - An energy company is cleaning up a pretty big mess after a heater treater fire in south Midland County.
Firefighters got the call at 3:45 to County Road 1068 and FM 307 to a tank battery fire on Wednesday afternoon.
Fire officials say the fire started after a heater treater exploded.
The blast sent the piece of oil field equipment flying about 50 feet and caught the surrounding grass on fire.
Volunteer firefighters from Midland County and Greenwood took care of the flames.
No one was hurt.
The company that owns the equipment, Entergy is now cleaning up the mess.