Cigarette To Blame for Fire that Killed a Construction Worker in Big Spring

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

BIG SPRING - Investigators blame a cigarette for causing an RV fire that killed an area construction worker in Big Spring.

They tell us, 43-year-old Pedro Contreras was smoking in bed when the flames erupted.

Contreras was living in the motor home at Price Construction off Highway 350.

We're told he had recently moved to Big Spring from the Dallas area.

Another travel trailer was also destroyed in the fire but no one was living there.