Fatal Big Spring Fire Likely Caused by Smoking in Bed - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Fatal Big Spring Fire Likely Caused by Smoking in Bed

BIG SPRING - Investigators blame a cigarette for causing an RV  fire that killed an area construction worker in Big Spring.

Officials say 43-year-old Pedro Contreras was likely smoking in bed when the flames erupted. 

Contreras was living in the motor home at Price Construction off Highway 350. We're told he had recently moved to Big Spring from the Dallas area.

Another travel trailer was also destroyed in the fire but no one was living there.

Powered by Frankly