Space Heater Causes Major Fire Damage to an Odessa Man’s Home - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Space Heater Causes Major Fire Damage to an Odessa Man’s Home

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - A space heater mishap sends an elderly Odessa man's home up in flames.  

The fire happened in the 1400 block of south Alleghaney around eight on Friday morning.

The 88-year-old man in the home at the time, made it out okay, but was taken to the hospital to get checked out.

Firefighters say the bedroom suffered heavy fire and smoke damage.

The house is not a total loss, but we're told it will need major repair before it's liveable again.

Powered by Frankly