WEST ODESSA - The fire that destroyed the roof of a Church in West Odessa has been ruled an accident.
That's the word from fire investigators.
The fire broke out around 6:30 Thursday in the 5500 block of Mapp Street.
The State Fire Marshal and investigators from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms say the blaze was started by a spark from a cutting torch.
The roof took most of the damage on the building that was under construction.
Crews from the West Odessa Volunteer Fire Department and city crews battled the fire.