Electrical Fire Leaves Midland Family Homeless - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Electrical Fire Leaves Midland Family Homeless

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

MIDLAND - A Midland family is homeless after smoke damage from an electrical fire forced them out of their apartment on Sunday.

It all happened Sunday afternoon at Hunter's Glenn Apartments in the 1900 block of Midland Drive near Andrews Highway.

Crews say a wiring problem started the fire.

Tenants were forced to evacuate for about an hour when the fire erupted around 1:00 p.m.

Only one apartment unit was badly damaged.

The Red Cross is now assisting the family with their immediate needs.

No word on how long it will take to get it all cleaned up.

Powered by Frankly