ODESSA - Students at Zavala Magnet Elementary in Odessa, didn't get a breath of fresh air on Wednesday.
Parents say a foul odor has been lingering around the school since Friday.
The smell was so bad, several parents took their kids home early on Tuesday.
It turns out the stench was caused by a plumbing problem.
The area where the smell was concentrated has been closed off to students.
The students also had to eat lunch outside again on Wednesday, and will have to continue to do so on Thursday.
Crews will finish fixing the problem next week during spring break.