Hood Junior High Evacuated After Air-Conditioner Catches Fire - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Hood Junior High Evacuated After Air-Conditioner Catches Fire

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

ODESSA - A fire alarm at Hood Junior High Wednesday afternoon, turned out to be the fault of a burned out air conditioning unit.

Firefighters got the call around 2:15.

All the students were evacuated when the alarm went off, school officials could see smoke coming from the unit.  

A few minutes later, the school got the all clear and the students and faculty were allowed back in.

We're told the school is going to replace the air conditioning unit.

Powered by Frankly