Staff ReportNewsWest 9
Two Odessa children burned in a New Year's Day apartment fire are still in the burn center in Lubbock.
One of them has been upgraded to serious condition.
Firefighters rescued the Redmon family from the early morning fire at the Sunset Apartments, but not before all four were hurt in the blaze.
The young boy has since been upgraded to serious condition, while his sister remains in critical condition.
A lit candle in the apartment below them is being blamed for starting the fire.
The couple in that unit was treated and released.
Both apartments were destroyed.
Several other units in the building were damaged by smoke and water.