Clean up underway in Andrews after a fire at the bus barn

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

Clean up is underway in Andrews, after a fire does some major damage to the School District's  bus barn.

The building caught fire early in the Morning of October sixth.

The fire was caused by an electrical short, starting in one of the walls of the break room.

Now, employees are cleaning up and doing inventory of the damages.

The loss of the workspace has caused some inconveniences, but according to the director of transportation for the school district, the city is doing what they can to make the best of a bad situation.

"But we have a, the city of Andrews is going to let us use their maintenance facilities to work on the buses or anything we have to do there," said Alvin Schwarz, Director of Transportation with the Andrews Independent School District.

None of the buses caught fire.

The School District had just recently completed a sealing and repainting project of the bus barn roof, just a week before the fire.