Abell Junior High evacuated after smoke call

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

Smoke, but no fire at a Midland Junior High Wednesday morning.

An alarm sounded Wednesday morning around nine-30 at Abell Junior High on Heritage Street.

Students were evacuated as smoke billowed from the boys locker room.

All the result of an AC unit that overheated.

Within the hour, students were allowed back into the building, and the unit was shut down for repair.

No one was inside the locker room at the time, and no one was hurt.