Early morning house fire in Midland blamed on lit cigarette - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Early morning house fire in Midland blamed on lit cigarette

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

An early morning house-fire is being blamed on a lit cigarette.

It started around five Thursday morning in the 900 block of Canyon.

Firefighters believe the woman who lives there fell asleep while smoking a cigarette, it fell out of her mouth, and the bedroom caught fire.

The unidentified woman, who is on oxygen, was able to get out of the bedroom unharmed, though her hair was singed.

The house suffered heavy smoke damage throughout, but the bedroom was destroyed.

Powered by Frankly