Lubbock seventh grader remains in the hospital after eating contaminated chili - KWES NewsWest 9 / Midland, Odessa, Big Spring, TX: newswest9.com |

Lubbock seventh grader remains in the hospital after eating contaminated chili

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

A Lubbock seventh grader remains in critical condition after eating contaminated chili from castleberry.  

She is one of four people confirmed to have contracted botulism after eating Castleberry products.

The girl and a sibling ate the contaminated chili June 28th.

Both were hospitalized but the older sibling was released from the hospital last week.

An investigation by the F-D-A showed the company did not properly cook some of its products.

For a complete list of the recalled products go to Castleberrys.com or call their hotline at 1-888-203-8446.

Powered by Frankly