Midland mechanic is recovering from third degree burns after getting caught up in a shed fire on Thursday.
On Thursday, fire crews worked quickly to get the fire out.
Police say it all started with an explosion as David Aguirre was removing a gas tank from a car.
A sudden spark lit the tank on fire along with aguirre.
Neighbors say they saw Aguirre screaming and running around.
Midland Fire crews showed up and helped aguirre.
He is listed in critical condition at University Medical Center in Lubbock.