Grease Fire on UTPB campus sends scare

Staff Report
NewsWest 9

Some scary moments for one U-T-P-B student after smoke filled his apartment.


According to UTPB officials, the student, who lives in Building 96, left a pan on the stove and jumped into the shower, and the grease in the pan ignited.


The smoke set the sprinklers off, putting out flames.


The Odessa Fire Department was called out to help, but the fire was already out when they got on scene.


No one was hurt, but the student will be relocated to another dorm because of some flooding caused by the sprinklers.