PERMIAN BASIN, TX (KWES) - Those hoping to travel for Memorial Day weekend will be seeing higher gas prices in the area.
According to AAA, Prices in Midland are currently averaging $3.06, while Odessa's average is sitting at $3.02.
This is in comparison to the state average of $2.75.
The cheapest gas in the area is in Wichita Falls at $2.65 a gallon.
Drivers can save money on gas by following a few simple steps:
- When driving on the highway, drive the speed limit or five miles below it
- Don’t roughly stop and start when accelerating your car
- Use cruise control whenever possible
- Ensure that the gas capon your fuel tank is secured
- Try to drive during cooler times of the day such as early morning or late evening
Following these tips can extend your gas mileage and save you money at the pump.