MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The middle of April proved to be an easy week for health inspectors in Odessa. They had no low performers for the week of April 16 through April 20 and several top performers. Meanwhile, Midland didn't have any top performers for the week, but they did have one low performer.
La Original Y Real Michoacana at 210 W. Longview Ave. in Midland was cited for the following (violation categories are listed as specific violations weren't listed):
- Food separated and protected, prevented during food preparation, storage, display and tasting
- Personal cleanliness/eating, drinking or tobacco use
- Wiping cloths; properly used and stored
- Food additives; approved and properly stored; washing fruits & vegetables
- Proper date marking & disposition
- Thermometers provided, accurate, and calibrated; chemical/thermal test strips
- Adequate handwashing facilities; accessible and properly supplied
- Non-food contact surfaces clean
- Other violations
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 17 points from La Original Y Real Michoacana.
As we mentioned, there were several restaurants in Odessa with perfect scores. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- El Huichol (5564 W. 16th St.)
- Subway (5151 E. 42nd St.)
- Chipotle (3814 E. 42nd St.)
- Long John Silver's (1418 N. County Rd. W.)
- Yummi Sushi (2501 W. University Blvd.)
- Subway (1900 E. 42nd St.)
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.