ODESSA, TX (KWES) - Unlike in weeks past, health inspectors in Odessa didn't find a lot of good for the week of April 9 through April 13. There were only two top performers for the week. Meanwhile, there were a couple of restaurants who made our low performer list. And for the second week in a row, Midland did not have any health reports for us to review for the month of April.
Super Tortas Mexicanas at 8429 W. University Blvd. in Odessa was cited for the following:
- Not all employees had food handler training certificate
- Open can of soda in employee area
- Food manager certificate not placed in customer area
- No soap in restroom
- Not all food covered in cooler
- Vent filters not in place while stove being used
- Some food not labeled/date marked
- Ware washing sinks filled with dishes
- Current health permit not prominently posted
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 16 points from Super Tortas Mexicanas.
El Chapo Chicharroneria at 6080 W. University Blvd in Odessa was cited for the following:
- Floors need to be repaired
- Holes and gaps in floor need to be filled
- Front and rear doors need to be sealed
- Unlabeled containers of meat in deep freezer
- Asado pot was uncovered
- Manager needs to be certified
- Meat items not being properly heated
- No soap, paper towels or hand sanitizer at hand washing sink
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 17 points from El Chapo Chicharroneria.
As we mentioned there were a couple of restaurants with perfect scores for the week. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- Sandwichery Sandwich Shop (1007 E. 6th St.)
- Rooster's Diner (615 N. Sam Houston Ave.)
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.