MIDLAND, TX (KWES) - The Midland Fire Department and the Midland Police Department are hoping to build for the future and have now given city officials plans on how they'd like to do so.
Each department turning in a wish list of future projects they'd like funded during a Midland City Council Workshop this morning.
Chief Charles Blumenauer of the Midland Fire Department led his departments presentation, his requests include the following.
- Natural gas generators for each department, $305,000.
- New security system for all fire stations, $190,000
- New training facility, $9.5M
- Demolish and reconstruct fire station 5, $4.5M
- Build fire station 11 near Briarwood and Golden Gate, $4.5M
Chief Seth Herman of the Midland Police Department presented his departments requests to the city.
- New training facility, $3.3M
- New Mobile command post, $400,000
None of the proposed purchases are set in stone, but will be under the consideration of city council as they set there next budget.