MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The middle of March proved to be another solid week for restaurants in Odessa. Several restaurants made our top performer list for the week of March 12 through March 16. However, there was still one Odessa restaurant that made our low performer list.
Burritos La Chona at 7925 S. Hwy. 385 in Odessa was cited for the following:
- Not all cooking equipment under vent hood
- Food/objects found at hand sink
- Food not kept on cold hold
- Food not kept on hot hold
- Knives stored on the wall
- Some prepped food not date marked/labeled
- No water
- No approved water source
- Grease being discharged on the ground
- Raw eggs and sausage not stored on bottom shelf
- Cheese being cut without gloves
- Not sanitizing at final rinse
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 16 points from Burritos La Chona for their first inspection on the 13th. It also resulted in 25 points being deducted on their follow-up inspection later that week. However, everything has since been corrected.
As we mentioned, there were several restaurants in Odessa with perfect scores. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- Antojitos El Bajio (7060 W. 16th St.)
- Dairy Queen (1525 S. Grant Ave.)
- Barn Door Steakhouse (2140 Andrews Hwy.)
- Church's Chicken (3800 Andrews Hwy.)
- Amigo's Mexican Food (6211 Andrews Hwy.)
- Quizno's @ MCH (500 W. 4th St.)
- Watt's Burger (1208 S. Grant Ave.)
- Southern Maid Donuts (2820 Andrews Hwy.)
Meanwhile, we went by the Health Department in Midland and they did not have any reports available to us for this particular week.
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.