MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - For the first time in a few weeks, health inspectors in Odessa found a clean slate of restaurants. The city had no low performers for the week of March 5 through March 9. However, health inspectors in Midland did find one restaurant who made our low performer list.
Taco Di Vino at 400 W. Illinois Ave. in Midland was cited for the following:
- Uncovered container of food in reach-in cooler
- Food containers not dated/labeled
- No thermometer in reach-in coolers
- Hot hold for shrimp not hot enough
- Kitchen floor was dirty
- No public restrooms
- Operating without a permit (2nd warning – final notice)
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 18 points from Taco di Vino.
While there were no top performers in Midland for the week, there were several restaurants in Odessa with perfect scores. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- Mimi's Tortas (12301 Jasper Ave.)
- Halftime Grill & Cantina (2120 Andrews Hwy.)
- KFC (1520 JBS Pkwy.)
- The French Press (511 N. Grant Ave.)
- Abuela's Kitchen (5202 N. Dixie Blvd.)
- Antojitos del Bajio (7060 W. 16th St.)
- Josy's Grill Inc. (4555 E. University Blvd.)
- Whataburger (3716 Andrews Hwy.)
- Pop N Pitas (4555 E. University Blvd.)
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.