MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - It was another busy week for health inspectors in the Permian Basin. There were several top performers in both Midland and Odessa for the week of February 26 through March 2. But there was one restaurant that made our low performer list in Odessa.
Mario's Japanese Vietnamese Cuisine at 5987 W. 42nd St. was cited for the following:
- Most containers not labeled or date marked
- No thermometer sanitizer test strips
- Won tons in reach-in cooler not covered
- Water heater not hot enough
- Food handler training certificates not provided
- Cooling containers of food with no lids
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 18 points from Mario's Japanese Vietnamese Cuisine.
As we mentioned, there were several restaurants with perfect scores for the week. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- Sonic Drive-in (2636 JBS Pkwy.)
- Pizza Hut (2113 Andrews Hwy.)
- Keith's Hamburger Station (4324 Andrews Hwy.)
- The Coffee Shop (520 E. 6th St.)
- Texas Burger (5200 Andrews Hwy.)
- Western Food (6301 N. Dixie Blvd.)
- Wendy's (2626 JBS Pkwy.)
- GG's Grab & Go (1602 E. 7th St.)
- Bar-B-Q Barn (3820 Andrews Hwy.)
Here's a look at Midland's top performers:
- Sonic Drive-in (2104 N. Big Spring St.)
- Dorothy's Place (207 N. Lee St.)
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.