MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - It was another busy week for health inspectors in the Permian Basin for the week of February 19 through February 23. There were several restaurants with perfect scores. However, there was one Odessa restaurant that made our low performer list.
El Buen Pollo at 2402 W. University Blvd. in Odessa was cited for the following:
- No sanitizer test strips being used
- Large open, uncovered containers cooling at room temperature
- Only 1 of 3 workers had food handler training
- Chicken cutting board not being cleaned after periods of no use
- Microwave was dirty
- Weren't using disinfectant properly
- Cooked, room temperature onion left uncovered in pan
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 17 points from El Buen Pollo.
As we mentioned, there were several restaurants that had perfect scores for the week. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- Desert Snow (1601 ½ E. 8th St.)
- Astro Bowl (150 E. 45th St.)
- Whataburger (4960 E. 42nd St.)
- Starbucks (4950 E. 42nd St.)
- AFC Sushi (4950 E. 42nd St.)
- Daddy's Donuts (1108 S. Dixie Blvd.)
- La Toreada (1021 S. Grant Ave.)
Here's a look at Midland's top performers:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (2820 W. Loop 250)
Copyright 2018 KWES. All rights reserved.