ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The week of September 18 through September 22 proved to be an easy one for health inspectors in Odessa. Several places had perfect scores on their inspections, while there was only one restaurant who made our low performer list.
Lapa Lapa at 6070 W. University Blvd. in Odessa was cited for the following:
- Eggs in cold-hold too warm
- Some food found too close to floor
- Flies found in food service area
- Not all employees have food handler cards
- Some food in reach-in cooler not date marked
- Some containers not labeled
- Certified manager not on duty at time
- Dishware not properly cleaned
This resulted in the health inspector deducting 16 points from Lapa Lapa.
As we mentioned, there were several places with perfect scores for the week. Here's a look at Odessa's top performers:
- Kent Kwik (4117 Andrews Hwy.)
- Pizza Hut (2113 Andrews Hwy.)
- Chubby's Tacos (3836 Andrews Hwy.)
- Watt's Burger (1208 S. Grant Ave.)
- Los Corporales (4000 N. Grandview Ave.)
- Chinese Cuisine (2900 Andrews Hwy.)
- Taste of India (3001 E. Hwy. 80)
- Stars (3836 Andrews Hwy.)
- T-Star Donuts (3600 Billy Hext Rd.)
- The Last Cajun Restaurant (6990 E. Hwy. 191)
There were no reports available in Midland for this particular week.
Copyright 2017 KWES. All rights reserved.