(KWES) - Texans are known to come together in the good and the bad, and Hurricane Harvey hasn't been the exception. Below you can find a list of places where to take donations across West Texas. These are companies that will head south to help our neighbors in this time of need.
- Odessa Trucking Company, 1124 N. Grant Ave. Odessa, TX, (830) 765-0069
- Against the Grain Barber Shop, 410 N. Lamesa Rd., Midland, TX, (432) 684-1154
- Norman Elite, (432) 889-7074
- Michelle and Hector Salinas, 1006 E. Tascosa, Kermit, TX
- Convoy of Hope, (417) 823-8998
- United Vision, 1406 I-20 Odessa, TX, (432) 924-5138
- Unlimited Carpet, 1200 S. Big Spring, Midland, TX, (432) 425-8924
- Staybridge Suites, 1505 Catalina Drive, Midland, TX (432) 689-0555
- West Texas Humidor, 5100 E. University Blvd. Odessa, TX (432) 202 -9994
- Houston Storage Co., 1201 Arapahoe Rd. Midland, TX (432) 528-2201
- Russell Cellular locations - Midland TX- 2106 Rankin Highway, Suite A200 Andrews TX- 401 N. Main St. Big Spring TX- 2101 Gregg St. Lamesa TX- 701 N. Dallas Snyder TX- 4109 College Ave. Sweetwater TX- 215 Oak St.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts, 4216 W Wadley Ave, Midland, TX (432) 689-3539
- MIdland County Salvation Army, 300 S Baird St, Midland, TX (432) 683-3614
- Midessa Electric & Alpha Cheer and Dance are accepting donations Friday from 11:00 am to 6 pm at Alpha Cheer and Dance, 1600 Idlewilde Dr. Midland, TX
Other local donation options:
- Midland Humane Coalition is collecting supplies to be taken to Hurricane Harvey victims (4 legged and their owners). Please bring the following donated goods to Midland Humane Coalition's Adoption Center within Midland's PetSmart (a tax receipt can be provided). The first shipment of donated items will go out on Friday and we have more shipments being scheduled by our awesome volunteers. Needed Items include, Crates (collapsible wire preferred as space is limited), Food (dog & cat), Bowls, Blankets, Towels, Leashes/collars, Beds, Cat litter, Gallon water, Kitten milk and Bottles.
- Senior Link Midland is partnering with the West Texas Food Bank to host a drop-off location at 3301 Sinclair Ave. They are collecting bottle water and canned goods to help the families devastated by Hurricane Harvey. You can bring your donations to Senior Link Office or Meals on Wheels Kitchen. Collections will take place Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Terry's Kids Shoes is collecting items that will be delivered to victims of Hurricane Harvey. They are seeking new/lightly used clean clothing of all sizes, clean blankets, new underwear and socks, canned food and cases of water. There are two drop-off locations: In Midland (Terry Kid's Shoes from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.) or in Odessa at 2810 Bonham Ave. (items can be dropped off anytime). The items will be driven down to Houston on Sunday morning (9-3-17). 3001 N. Loop 250 Suite 119, Midland, TX
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is hosting a collection drive during their first football game vs. Sul Ross State University on Saturday, Sept. 2 at Ratliff Stadium. Gates will open at noon with kickoff scheduled for 6 p.m. We're told the Food Bank will have bins set up at each of the gates, Texans Care/NS Trucking will have trailers set up near the Falcon Tail Gate Area to collect cases of water and the Red Cross is asking for cash donations. Several items are being collected including Canned foods (soups, vegetables, meats (chicken, spam), fish (salmon, tuna), peanut butter (no glass), jelly (no glass), fruits or fruit cups, Dry foods including: cereals, Pop Tarts and powdered milk and Cleaning Supplies including: bleach, paper towels, disinfecting wipes, soaps and Personal Supplies including: face cleansing wipes, baby wipes, diapers and feminine hygiene products.
- The Presidio County Sheriff's Office is also collecting items to take to Houston. They are collecting items including bottled drinking water, clothing items, blankets, shoes, canned foods, etc. Donations will be accepted in Presidio at the PISD Department of Public Safety, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Donations will be accepted in Marfa at the Presidio County Sheriff's Office, also Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Crossroads Church is collecting supplies:
Odessa Campus: Donations can be dropped off at Crossroads, 6901 E Highway 191, Odessa, TX 79762. More information on donation times and upcoming dates for packaging disaster relief kits can be found at https://www.-
facebook.com/crchurch.cc/. Items to donate include laundry soap, heavy duty trash bags, box fans, box cutters, disposable dust masks, cleaning gloves, water and non-perishable food items.
Monahans Campus: Donations can be dropped off at Crossroads, 301 S Bruce St, Monahans, TX 79756. More information on donation times and upcoming dates for packaging disaster relief kits can be found at https://www.facebook.com/CRMonahans/. Items to donate include laundry soap, heavy duty trash bags, box fans, box cutters, disposable dust masks, cleaning gloves, water and non-perishable food items.
Andrews Campus: Donation can be dropped off at Crossroads, 101 NW Ave A, Andrews, TX 79714. More information on donation times and upcoming dates for packaging disaster relief kits can be found at https://www.facebook.com/crossroadsandrews/. Items to donate include laundry soap, heavy duty trash bags, box fans, box cutters, disposable dust masks, cleaning gloves, water and non-perishable food items.
Are you or anyone you know helping and not listed here? Email us at email@example.com and let us know so we can add you.