The Ector County Independent School District Bond Advisory Committee has made their recommendation regarding a possible school bond in November to the E.C.I.S.D. Board of Trustees.
The committee made their presentation at the school board meeting this evening.
We're told the committee is recommending a $287 million bond for November 2017.
The committee met eight times and reviewed 41 different decision points before deciding on 7 immediate priorities.
Those priorities include:
- Life cycle improvements - such as roofing, HVAC, plumbing, window replacements at every campus;
- Secure front entry vestibules at every school;
- Fire & life safety upgrades at every campus;
- A district-wide fiber network;
- A new comprehensive high school for 2,500 students;
- Conversion of Ector MS to a high school for 1,500 students;
- A new middle school to replace Ector MS
The tax impact for the average home in Odessa will be $13.99 per month or $167.83 per year if the bond is approved by voters.
We're told the board will meet again on Thursday at 6 p.m. to discuss the bond.