MIDLAND, TX (KWES) - The City of Midland is asking all residents to help with controlling the mosquito population in the area.
Some tips include:
- Eliminate any standing water that collects on your property including rain gutters, old tires, buckets, plastic covers, toys, or any other container where mosquitoes can breed.
- Clean and chlorinate swimming pools, outdoor saunas, and hot tubs. If not in use, keep them empty and covered.
- Change the water in bird baths, fountains, wading pools, rain barrels, and potted plant trays at least once a week to destroy potential mosquito habitats
- Repair or replace all screens in your home that have tears or holes.
- Remind or help neighbors to eliminate mosquito-breeding sites on their properties.
- Report grass and weeds that have grown taller than 18 inches by calling Code Compliance at (432) 685-7410 or using the “Report a Concern” module at www.midlandtexas.gov.
We're told the City of Midland Parks and Recreation Department is working to treat public area for mosquitos.