MIDLAND, TX (KWES) - Interstate 20 between Rankin Highway and Midkiff Road has reopened following a total of six accidents involving a total of 14 vehicles.
The accidents happened between 3:45 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Here's a breakdown of the accidents from the City of Midland:
- Rankin Highway and I-20 (eastbound lanes), three vehicles were involved and one person was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Rankin Highway and I-20 (eastbound lanes), two vehicles were involved, no injuries reported.
- Mile marker 135, east of Midkiff Road on I-20, six vehicles were involved and three people were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- West of Midkiff Road at mile marker 134 in eastbound lanes, rollover involving semi-truck. We're told the driver was trying to avoid rear ending a vehicle that was slowed down due to traffic, turned to the right and rolled down an embankment between I-20 and the service road. No injuries reported.
- Westbound lanes of I-20 at mile marker 135, two vehicles were involved, no injuries reported.
- South service road, west of Midkiff Road, involving a motorcycle and pickup truck. No injuries reported.
We're told the roadway was closed for several hours while officials were on the scene.
However, we're told the area has been reopened.