MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - It was a pretty solid week for Midland and Odessa restaurants during the week of April 3 through April 7. Only one restaurant was on our low performer list, while several had perfect scores to make our top performers.
Mamasita's Mexican Grill at 4214 Maple Ave. was cited for the following:
- Hand wash sink used for other purposes
- Did not have proper hot holding temperature
- All employees need food handler cards
- Some containers not labeled
- Some items not date marked
- Premade items not stored in freezers/coolers
- Food containers in cold hold were stacked
- Some food thawed at room temperature
- Employee drinks had no lids/straws
This resulted in Mamasita's Mexican Grill receiving 15 demerits from the health inspector.
As we mentioned earlier, there were several Odessa restaurants who had perfect scores. Here's a look at our top performers in Odessa:
- Market Grill & Bar (1806 E. 7th St.)
- Texas Style Hot Dogs (3624 University Blvd.)
- Texas Burger (7850 Hwy. 191)
- Heff's Burgers (3816 Andrews Hwy.)
- Norma's Café (111 E. 5th St.)
- La Paz Tortilla Factory (1112 S. Crane Ave.)
- Tortilleria Ojinaga (521 W. Murphy)
- Texas Burger #1 (5200 Andrews Hwy.)
Midland did not have any low performers for the week. However, they did have a couple of restaurants with perfect scores. Here's a look at Midland's top performers.
- Clamatos La Cruda (284 S. Hwy. 349)
- Max Muscle (4800 N. Midland Dr. Ste. 105)
Copyright 2017 KWES. All rights reserved.