MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - It was a busy week for health inspectors around the Permian Basin for the week of February 20th through February 24th. Several restaurants in Odessa and one in Midland had perfect scores. However, there were two Odessa restaurants that scored below the bar.
Mi Piaci at 2607 N. Grandview Ave. was cited for the following:
- Tea containers uncovered
- No thermometers in coolers and hot holds
- Unbagged tomato cans in dumpster
- Grease waste dumpster very oily
- Degreasing container sitting by cooling pot of soup
- Hand washing sink used to fill pots
- No food handler cards for some employees
- Pizza left out in prep area
- Food containers in cooler not labeled
This resulted in 19 demerits for Mi Piaci.
Bush's Chicken at 3901 N. Grandview Ave. was cited for the following:
- No food handler certification
- Employees hadn't been trained in food handling
- Open sodas
- Food establishment permit not posted
- No soap in men's restroom
- Food not properly labeled or dated
- Bucket being filled in sink
- No paper towels at sink
This resulted in 15 demerits for Bush's Chicken.
There were several top performers with perfect scores for this particular week. Here is a look at the top performers for Odessa:
- Sonic Drive-in #1 (2636 JBS Pkwy.)
- Subway (980 E. 87th St. B)
- Jesse's Smoked BBQ (818 N. County Rd. W.)
- KFC #48 (1520 JBS Pkwy.)
- White House Meat Market (200 E. 52nd St.)
- Sno-Cone Delight (4001 Grandview Ave.)
Here is a look at the top performers in Midland:
- Yummi Sushi @ HEB (5407 Andrews Hwy.)
Copyright 2017 KWES. All rights reserved.