ODESSA, TX (KWES) - It was a busy week for health inspectors in Odessa for the week of February 13th through February 17th. There were several top performers for the week with perfect scores, but there were two restaurants who didn't make the cut.
Mojitos Mexican Bar & Grill at 4101 E. 42nd St. was cited for the following:
- Water not hot enough in restroom
- No soap in restrooms
- Gloves not available for food handling
- Food not kept at adequate temperature
- Scoop on top of ice machine
- No towels at hand washing sinks
- Containers not dated/labeled in reach-in freezer
This resulted in Mojitos receiving 19 demerits. However, the health inspector went back the next day and everything had been corrected.
Angel Tacos at 5202 N. Dixie Blvd. was cited for the following:
- Food not date marked in walk-in cooler
- No paper towels in restrooms
- No food manager certification
- Floor near cooking area not clean
- Knives stored behind wash sink
- Foods not covered in walk-in cooler
- Mold in walk-in cooler
- Current health permit not displayed
This resulted in Angel Taco receiving 15 demerits.
As we mentioned, there were several top performers in Odessa for the week. Here's a look at those top performers:
- The Coffee Shop (520 E. 6th St.)
- Taqueria Reynosa (2701 N. Grandview Ave.)
- Keith's Hamburger Station (4324 Andrews Hwy.)
- Stars Drive-In #3 (1402 N. County Rd.)
There were no health inspection reports from Midland for this particular week.
Copyright 2017 KWES. All rights reserved.