MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The week of February 6th through February 10th was a good one for most restaurants in Odessa. There were several top performers for the week. However, not all was perfect. One Odessa restaurant and one Midland restaurant made our low performer list.
Chinese Kitchen at 3183 E. University Blvd. in Odessa was cited for the following:
- Reach-in cooler not cold enough
- Dish washing cleaners beneath sugar bags
- Containers not marked in refrigerator & freezer
- Not all employees had food handling cards
- Ice machine lid damaged
- Sugar bags found open
- Sauce containers didn't have original labels.
This resulted in 16 demerits for Chinese Kitchen.
Chuck E. Cheese's at 4703 W. Loop 250 in Midland was cited for the following:
- No dates or labeling of pineapple container
- Uncovered cake in reach-in cooler
- Paper cup inside pineapple container
- No thermometer in reach-in cooler
This resulted in 15 demerits for Chuck E. Cheese's.
There were several top performers in Odessa for the week. Here's a look at those top performers:
?- Market St. # 675 (4950 E. 42nd St.)
- Chechito's (711 Charles Ave.)
- AFC Sushi (4950 E. 42nd St.)
- El Tio Chapo Ice Cream (1101 Kelly Ave.)
- Cowgirls Coffee (629 E. 42nd St.)
- Elotes Chevere (3600 Andrews Hwy.)
- L'oven Expressions Bakery (2115 E. 42nd St.)
- Los Alamos Mexican Restaurant (1307 N. Grant Ave.)
Copyright 2017 KWES. All rights reserved.