ALPINE, TX (KWES) - Details are still coming in after human bones were found in Brewster County.
Here's what we currently know:
- Alpine police says evidence is consistent with Zuzu Verk case.
- No official confirmation if the remains are of Zuzu Verk.
- Robert Fabian was arrested in connection to Zuzu Verk's dissappearence.
- Texas Rangers have arrived on the scene and currently processing evidence.
- Remains are being sent to the University of North Texas in Denton for identification on Monday.
- The remains were found in a shallow grave near Sunny Glen Canyon, just northwest of the City of Alpine at 10 a.m.
- Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson will not speculate on the identity of the remains.
- Zuzu Verk's mother was notified of the discovery
- Zuzu Verk remains the only missing person's case in the area.
- The family is in Alpine right now.
- The body was scattered around in the area.
- Animals had gotten to the body at the time of the discovery.
- The area had been searched before when the scenery was greener.
- Crucial evidence was found at the scene.
- DPS, Homeland Security, Border Patrol, and police department joined the search.