MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The Thanksgiving week of November 21st through November 25th seemed to be a very slow one for both Midland and Odessa health inspectors. Not one Odessa restaurant had enough demerits to warrant being a low performer, but Midland did have one.
Super Tacos on 401 East Florida Avenue in Midland was cited for the following:
- Covering hot food while cooling down
- No dates or labeling of food containers
- Red chili sauce & sour cream on floor of walk-in cooler
- Uncovered container of cut onions in reach-in cooler
- Ice scoop on top of coke syrup box
- Dirty coke nozzles
- Did not have proper equipment to maintain guacamole & chili sauce temperature
- No paper towels for kitchen hand wash sink
- No thermometer in walk-in cooler
That resulted in 26 demerits for Super Tacos. However, the health inspector did note that the kitchen and dining area were nice and clean. And while there was only one low performer this week, there were no high performers out of Midland or Odessa this week.
Copyright 2016 KWES. All rights reserved.