MIDLAND-ODESSA, TX (KWES) - The week of November 7 seemed to have been a slow one for health inspectors in both the Tall City and Odessa. Not one Midland restaurant had enough demerits to meet Restaurant Report standards, and only one Odessa restaurant is on our low performer list.
Subway at 2450 West Loop 338 in Odessa was cited for the following:
- Hand sanitizer not provided at hand sink or ware wash sink
- There was no certified food manager in charge
- Employees did not have food handler cards
- Scoops not properly kept on single service items
That resulted in 18 demerits for Subway. NewsWest9 reached out to the management at Subway for comment and was told the restaurant is under a new management team. Most everything had been corrected on spot and since the inspection, all employees have food handler cards.
And here's a look at the high performer's out of Odessa:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (3814 E 42nd St)
- La Margarita (1301 S Grant Ave)
- Thai Spice Restaurant (3747 Andrews Hwy)
- Cesarito's Mexican Food (1001 W 10th St)
- Dewey's Breakfast Shop (550 E Yukon Rd)
- Johnny's Bar-B-Que (2201 Kermit Hwy)
There were no low or high performers out of Midland for the week of November 7.