BIG SPRING, TX (KWES) - A Big Spring man was flown to a Lubbock hospital after a firework instantly exploded in his hand.
Officers were called out to Scenic Mountain Medical Center emergency room on a report of a man who had been hurt by an explosion.
Authorities say once at the emergency room, a 34-year-old man who told them that he had attempted to light a firework that instantly exploded in his hand..
The man was flown to Lubbock with a serious injury to his hand.
At this time, police say there is no criminal case and that the man's condition is unknown.